We are glad to announce 2 great news: wpDataTables 1.6.2 and Report Builder wpDataTables Addon are released!
What’s new in wpDataTables 1.6.2:
- HTML editor for editable tables – now for columns which have string column type you can edit the data using a HTML WISYWYG editor (TinyMCE), both for editor dialog and for in-line editing.
- Addons support – from now on plugin supports addons, each addon brings some unique feature which extends the core functionality. The first addon launched is the Report Builder, which is a tool for generating individualised Word DOCX and Excel XLSX documents in real-time from WordPress.
- Responsive Charts – this was a highly requested feature: now each chart (both Google and Highchart) can be responsive – just tick the “responsive” checkbox near the width input. Responsive chart will occupy 100% width of the container, instead of having fixed width, therefore always render correctly on any device types, and when you resize browser window.
- Fixes for sum row – Sum row works more stable now.
- Fixes for chart editing – selected Google chart type and the follow table filtering option didn’t persist correctly on editing, now this works fine.
- Fixes for conditional formatting for values above 1.000.000 – now conditional formatting works correctly for any numbers.
- Security fixes – more security checks added to the plugin back-end to prevent attacks.
- More HTML allowed in the editable tables. We restricted allowed HTML for editable tables in 1.6.1 for better protection against XSS. Now the list of allowed tags was extended.
- Fix for uploading images in editable tables. Editing images wasn’t always working smooth, fixed now.
- Fix for ‘skip thousands separator’ in server-side tables. The setting was ignored for tables with server-side processing, now it works correctly.
- WordPress 4.5.2 compatibility confirmed. This site is running WP 4.5.2 so you can see it works.
- PHP7 compatibility confirmed. After multiple internal tests no conflicts or problems found.
- Other minor stability improvements and bugfixes
As for the Report Builder: this is a new tool that allows you to create personalised Word DOCX and Excel XLSX documents directly from your WordPress on the fly! It uses wpDataTables as its data source, and uses many of its core functions, but it can generate documents from front-end user input barely. Just some usage examples: travel agency personalised offers generation, invoice generation, contract generation, media delivery report generation, exam marks list generation, transaction list generation, loan calculator offer generation – and this is only the beginning – each next version will bring more functions!
wpDataTables 1.6.3 is already in production as well – one awesome new feature is coming – but you will hear about that in 3-4 weeks! 🙂
Thank you all for using wpDataTables!