While we didn’t plan to do any releases before we finish the 1.6 version with lots of new features, including Auto updates, Table Constructor, Google Docs support, and many more, some important security issues interrupted our plan, so we had to release version 1.5.4.
New in this version:
- Uploader security issue fixed.
- Number range filter issue fixed. There was an issue in version 1.5.3 that broke number range filtering because of number formatting, for non server-side processing tables. Fixed now.
- utf8_general_ci collation added to wpDataTables created tables. Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese and other UTF-8 characters in column names shouldn’t be a problem any more.
- “Clear filters” problem solved. Before when users clicked on “Clear filters” some dropdown values weren’t refreshed.
- Default value dropdown problem solved. Previously if you defined a default value for a dropdown selectbox it didn’t work, fixed now.
- WP 4.0.1 compatibility checked.
Please update as soon as possible (this update has to be installed manually).
As for version 1.6 – the development is at “full throttle”. Our plan is to do the beta release by the end of the year – but if we won’t be sure on the quality we will postpone the release, since it has quite a lot of important new features.