We decided to extend the Beta testing period for the version 1.7, which was announced earlier, but for a good reason!
As it was probably the most anticipated feature since early days of the plugin, we decided to push it thing to the version 1.7: DateTime and Time column types.
This feature is not only about displaying times together with dates, it required adding lots of sub-features as the plugin is a really multi-functional data management system. That’s what new version will additionally bring:
- Correct Time and Datetime column sorting both for client-side tables (XLS, CSV, Google Spreadsheet, JSON-based tables) and tables with server-side processing (MySQL query-based, or tables manually created with Table Constructor).
- Correct Time and DateTime range filtering
- Time and DateTime front-end editor inputs (inline and dialog):
- Time and DateTime support for the Excel-like spreadsheet editor:
- Time format selection and the Timepicker step in settings:
- Time and DateTime columns in Table constructor (both ‘create manually’ and ‘import’ options):
- Time and DateTime types support in Google charts and Highcharts
As the changes touched so many of the plugin’s sub-modules, we want to be absolutely sure the upgrade works smoothly for all of our users, especially as DateTime has a lot of different format combinations and other parts where issues are possible. We are finalizing the Alpha internal testing currently, and will release the Beta this week. If you would like to participate, just open a support ticket, and we will add you to the list!
Read in our previous post about the other features that we introduce in 1.7, and see a video overview.