If some of the columns that you have in the input data source shouldn’t be visible to the front-end users, you can easily hide them, just by un-ticking the “Visible” checkbox:
Columns hidden by unticking of “Visible” checkbox will not be displayed to the front-end users.
Please note a couple of things about column visibility:
- Invisible columns are still passed to the front-end. It means that if there are a lot of invisible columns, they will load the page without need. So if you don’t need the data in the front-end at all, it’s better to delete these columns in the data source when possible.
- Invisible columns can be used for filtering. If the advanced filter is enabled, and is rendered in the form, or a widget, the filter can also use the data from invisible columns. Please see this documentation section for details.
- Creating editable tables and filling the table data manually from Table Constructor
- Creating non-editable tables from Excel files (Add from Data Source)
- Creating non-editable tables from Google Spreadsheets (Add from Data Source)
- String columns
- Integer columns
- Float columns
- Date columns
- DateTime columns
- Time columns
- Image columns
- URL link columns
- E-mail link columns
- Currency/price columns
- Formula (calculated) columns
- Coloring and styling columns