Enable this setting if you want to build tables using data from a database or host different from the one you use for your WordPress installation.
From 2.3 version of our plugin there is an option to add more than one separate database connection. Now every table can have its own separate database connection, so tables can pull data from multiple databases and servers.
There are separate database connections for MySQL, MS SQL and PostgreSQL databases.
If you enable this switch, you’ll also need to provide the following data to be able to query the chosen database:
- Connection Name: Set the connection name
- Vendor: Pick vendor MySQL, MSSQL or PostgreSQL
- Name:The name of the database you intend to use.
- Host: The address of the host, domain or IP-address.
- Port: If you use a non-standard (different from 3306 for MySQL, 1433 for MSSQL, 5432 for Postgre SQL ) , you can define it here.
- User: The username to be used for login.
- Password: The password to be used for login.
- Test DB settings: Use this button to check if your settings are correct.
For each connection there is a option “Default Connection” which can be used to be pre-selected connection in table wizard.
If you successfully connected to your separate database, now when you create a new table you will have an option to choose which database will be used for creating the new tables.