The plugin should notify you about new versions automatically, and update itself if you’ve entered the Purchase Code in its designated field in plugin’s Activation Settings page. You can see the Purchase Code in the e-mail you received if you purchased the plugin through our website. It can also be seen in our TMS store. Log in credentials for the store were also sent in the same e-mail.
If you bought the plugin through Envato marketplace, you need to leave the “Purchase code” field blank, and just click on the “ACTIVATE WITH ENVATO” button. It’ll take you to the login page, and activate the plugin (you need to be logged in on Envato with the account used to purchase the plugin with).
Upon activation, you still won’t be able to update it right away, simply because WordPress is doing these activation checks a few times a day – it’s not an automated process. So, if you’re able to activate it, but unable to update it, just wait a few hours and try again.
When downloading the new plugin version from our TMS store (if you purchased the plugin through our website) or from CodeCanyon (if you made the purchase through Envato marketplace), please follow these steps to update the plugin manually:
1) Use FTP to open /yourwordpressfolder/wp-content/plugins.
2) Delete the existing wpdatatables folder.
3) Upload previously downloaded wpdatatables folder through FTP to the “plugins” folder (unzip it).
4) Go to WP-admin panel, open the Plugins section.
5) Deactivate wpDataTables Plugin, and activate it again.
6) Clear server and browser cache
If you are using hosting where you are not allowed to use FTP and you have at least 2.5.2 version of the plugin(from that version you have the option to prevent deleting tables in database after deleting plugin from WordPress Plugins page), then please follow these instructions:
2) Delete wpDataTables plugin from WordPress’ Plugins page.
3) Click on “Add new” in the top left of the Plugins page.
4) Click on “Upload plugin” (it will also be in the top left corner of the Plugins page).
5) Choose the previously downloaded wpdatatables.zip file.
6) When uploading is done, please Activate wpdatatables plugin
7) Clear server and browser cache.
Please note that our plugin is around 15 MB in size, so if you are not able to upload the plugin through the WordPress Plugins page, then you would need to increase the following:
- upload_max_file size,
You should be able to find these values in your php.ini file or in your hosting’s C-Panel. If you can’t find it yourself please ask your hosting provider to provide it.