The installation process of wpDataTables is quite simple and straightforward, and shouldn’t cause you any troubles at all. Independent of you previous experience with WordPress plugins, you aren’t likely to have any problems, just follow these simple steps:
- Download the file from CodeCanyon and unzip it
Once you purchase wpDataTables, you will be able to download the ZIP file from CodeCanyon, containing the current version.Download it to your computer and unzip it. You will get a folder with the plugin name – ‘wpdatatables‘.
- Upload the plugin to your WordPress
There are 2 ways to do this:
- Option 1 (easier) open your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins -> Add new -> Upload and choose the zip file that you downloaded from CodeCanyon.
- Option 2 (if first one doesn’t work) open your WordPress installation folder in some FTP manager (CyberDuck, FileZilla, Total Commander, or any other), go to wp-content/plugins/ and upload the folder that you unzipped in previous step.
- Activate the plugin
In your WordPress admin panel go to Plugins, find wpDataTables and click “Activate”. Voila, plugin installed!
- Optional – enter your purchase code for auto-updates
This is only necessary if you want to receive auto-updates for the plugin. Every purchase on CodeCanyon has a unique purchase code: you can check it whenever you need in the Downloads section. We use this purchase code for auto-update feature authentication. If you want to enable it go to your WordPress admin, open wpDataTables -> settings and paste the Item Purchase Code in the corresponding input box.