wpDataTables is an independent ready-to-use WordPress tables and charts manager system (we like to think that wpDataTables is more then just a plugin) which is designed to make table process of data representation quick, easy and effective. It allows you to quickly build and put on any of your WordPress posts, or pages interactive tables and charts with such features as advanced filtering, sorting, or saving to PDF from almost any possible data source – MySQL query, Google Spreadsheet, serialized 2D-array, Excel file, CSV file, JSON and XML input sources; also you can generate MySQL queries to WordPress database, or any MySQL database without any knowledge of SQL at all! And if you like you can create the tables and charts completely from WordPress back-end.
This site is running on WordPress 4.7 – so you can be sure that the plugin works with current version 🙂
Probably you had a situation when you needed to publish a table on your WordPress-based site, which would need to have slightly more features then a simple HTML table: pagination, filters, or something similar: for example a catalog, a price list, a list of business locations, a list of users, and so on, and so on. And you probably discovered that it would require at least some coding, and keeping it regularly updated means that you would need to do all the coding work again and again. wpDataTables is a plugin which would handle all the work, and you would just need to set it up
wpDataTables is an independent ready-to-use WordPress table plugin which is designed to make table process of data representation quick, easy and effective. It allows you to quickly build and put on any of your WordPress posts, or pages interactive tables with such features as advanced filtering, sorting, or saving to PDF from almost any possible data source – MySQL query, serialized 2D-array, Excel file, CSV file, JSON and XML input sources.
A short list of wpDataTables features:
- Cute interactive multi-functional front-end jQuery tables with filtering, sorting and pagination features rendered by DataTables library. You can manipulate all features easily from the WordPress administrator panel.
- Server-side processing for MySQL-based tables.
- Charts based on Google Chart and Highcharts libraries. Easily render charts from the
same dataset as your table. Charts can be updated in realtime together with the table, as you filter the data set.
- Front-end editing for MySQL-based tables.
- Table constructor which allows to create the tables from back-end.
- MySQL query generator. Builds all the “SELECT FROM, JOIN, WHERE, GROUP” for you – just click the correct buttons!
- WordPress DB query generator.
- Allows to prepare an editable table out of your Excel or CSV
- Responsive mode for any tables.
- Advanced front-end table features: print view, save to PDF, save to CSV, save to Excel, Copy to clipboard by TableTools extensions.
- Row grouping based on RowGrouping extension. If a lot of rows have same values of some column you can group them based on the value of this column. The sorting will be performed inside of these groups.
- Accepted data sources: PHP serialized arrays, Google Spreadsheets, MySQL queries, MS Excel XLS and XLSX, OpenOffice Calc ODT, CSV files, JSON objects, XML data source.
- Tweakable columns with different column types – strings, integers, floats, links, dates, images.